Thursday, July 12, 2007

Quality Time





It's so easy as a parent to get caught up in the day-to-day stresses and forget being a parent is more than doing laundry, cooking, and disciplining very energetic children who constantly seem to be testing their limits. Jon and I have been especially stressed out over the last month since we have been in what seems like "orders-limbo" with the military. It's quite possible Jon will get hit with a deployment to Iraq before we get out...but we just don't know for sure. It's an uncanny feeling when someone else holds the strings in your life. Lately, it seems we've just stopped living almost as if waiting for a "ball to drop".


So, the last few nights even though we are still in the middle of this limbo-junk, we are trying to at least pretend everything is normal at home. After a half-hearted workout at the Y, and being extremely late to church, we decided to just go to KFC to eat and then we wrestled last night on the living room floor. It was lots of fun. This morning I took the kids to McDonald's to play. As you can see they had a good time.


Morale of the story - We have to remember that we are really not in control of our lives anyway. We might not know where we are going, but God does. And if he's really piloting the plane, then why do we care where our destination is? So I must work on flying blind and trusting that God will plant us where we should be. I sometimes feel like I should 'prepare' for the worst, but is that Satan trying to pull me away from trust in God, or God Himself delaying the answer we seek, in an effort to get us to trust him more?


On a silly note, Jon and Braden were wrestling a moment ago, and as usual, Braden conveniently stepped out of his diaper. We got a good laugh at Braden to be followed with outrageous laughter at our dog, Belle's expense. Apparently, while I was typing this entry, Jon then put Braden's diaper on Belle! She then chased her tail in circles and while we squealed and cried....


Man's best friend truly lived up to her reputation tonight! As a best friend does, she lifted our spirits and brought a smile to our face. Thank you God for our sweet furry friend, Belle. Second morale of the story: Find fun where you can - just make sure you apologize to your dog later!! Gotta go, we're taking our BFF out for a walk! Good night:-)


1 comment:

Melissa said...

I know it must be really frustrating to feel like you don't have control of your own life. You seem like you are doing a little better than you were when we spoke the other day. I'm ready for y'all to be out of the military, so you can come move to Texas :-)