For those of you who do not know, Jon and I recently made the decision to seek out different faiths. We seem to have a found a church that so far, has welcomed us, and where we feel God's presence almost every time we attend. It is the FUMC in Niceville, and while there are just so many things that led us there, we really feel that God led us to this point in our life.
You would get shivers if I told you some of the things we've studied that Jon and I actually spoke outloud that we desired. The worship service moves me. Really, really moves me. I felt God come over me on Day One...and that feeling...well, it just hasn't existed since I was a teen at Harding University, surrounded by Christians and that "mountain-top" experience. I know not every day will find us on the mountain with God, but I want as many of those times with my Father as possible. That's what Heaven will be like, and Jon and I both yearn for MORE.
We felt hungry, and now we feel satisfied. And I just can't bear to give that up, because I've been offered a job that requires "my old beliefs and membership to a particular church". It would be abandoning my closer relationship with God, for money and position. And it would be wrong. Okay, that's it. I only struggled briefly over this, and my decision is firm. Jon agrees. We want to shed some of the traditionalism and rigid beliefs that we have been cloaked with, and we want a freer relationship with our God. Call it whatever you want...entertainment, boredom, church-hopping, not being spiritually mature....I call it, knowing that I need to be fed. I call it, climbing to my father on my knees and finally feeling his hand on my head. Why shouldn't worship time with our Lord be entertaining, and interesting, and should move us. God is not this boring "stick in the mud" Father, that only wants us to watch our P's and Q's. He made us to rejoice with him, to be "wowed" in His presence. He gave us music, and singing, and the Holy Spirit to guide us daily and few of us even KNOW Him. I can't go backward.
Wherever God is, is where I want to be, and I'm not saying that His Spirit doesn't dwell in my previous congregation, but for some reason "I" didn't feel Him, and now I do. That's all I need to know. I didn't mean to get so carried away, but it's what was on my heart!
P.S. Have you watched "Conversations With God" yet?
No comments:
Post a Comment