Sunday, July 15, 2007

This Blog Has Not Been Rated




I thought I might take a minute to share a concern of mine. This blog for me is a method of recording my thoughts, memories, and document certain events in my children's lives. For those that know me best, I am impulsive, candid, and I tend to say what's on my mind. To say I can be at times outspoken is an understatement, and I rarely mince words. I try to be honest in what I say and have my words match my actions. There might be times I reflect on my upbringing or other matters that might stir emotions in those involved. This is my story, and I must tell it from my point of view, without of course compromising any one's elses confidence. I do hope nothing you read is offensive to you, however, in a way blogging is a personal diary that you share with the world. That being said, I am going to treat it as a diary and will try to forget others are reading this and be as honest as I can be. This blog is truly not for you, but for me, although, for those of you that know me, I feel it a good way to share with you my deepest thoughts. Many people hide behind a facade and I don't want this blog just to be about "my perfect family"...although it is perfect...haha.

Not every topic is pleasant, or easy to write about, but I want my blog to be honest and real. My feelings are my feelings, and I have to tell the story as it exists in my mind.

On another note, I have a quirky sense of humor and may post sometimes immature or crude humor. There's not much that doesn't make me laugh, and again if you are close to me and can't get a good laugh out of yourself or your situation, you might not like my posts.

Okay, now that all of that is said, I would ask that anything I say here be left here. I don't want it rehashed at family reunions and get-togethers. LOL. If you throw something in my face that I've said on here, you'll never see my kids again! LOL.

Alright, I guess I feel better. I truly do want this to be honest and real, and to do that I have to push away my reservations and just write. The best writers just write without care for perfection or judgement. They just tell a story. I hope this makes you laugh, I hope it gives you insight into our life, and I hope it makes you love me more instead of less...cause I'm very loveable.

To all of my friends and family,
Thank you for loving me despite my inperfections. Thank you for putting up with my rants and ravings. Thanks for talking to me at midnight when you have to work the next day. Thanks for overlooking my rash comments at times, and taking me with a grain of salt. Thanks for your friendship, your support, your kicks in the butt, and your prayers. Thanks for being my mom and mother-in-law, my dad and my father-in-law, and my soulmate. Thanks for loving me and marrying me and raising our children with me. I am not perfect. I am just me. And I have great love and respect for all of you!

Love,
Dawn

No comments: