Friday, July 27, 2007

Much To Do About Nothing


Nothing over-the-top to write about over the last few days. I finished up this semester, and now have a 3 week break until my next semester starts. I'm a little disappointed I got a "B" this term because I forgot to submit an assignment on time - the night of our anniversary, actually. I had all 100%'s pretty much in the class, so that "B" stung my ego. I also found out I'm out of financial aid money. So we'll owe a balance after this term, and NEXT term. But Jon worked out the budget in our favor, thankfully. It still hurts on one income to come up with money for school on top of my books that cost $462. I dropped a class this term so it wouldn't crunch us so hard. With school starting up - the cost of registration fees for daycare, and clothing, and supplies - well, it's alot to have in ONE paycheck. Also, ballet and karate starts up at the same time, and PAL soccer. Anyway, nothing we can't handle. But it makes you dread Back-to-School~ The joys of being a parent. Jon leaves on Sunday, so we'll probably try to have some fun this weekend. I'm going to try to get my application done for the Christian Academy today or tomorrow. I spent all morning organizing Zane's toys. That kid has so many cars and trucks! Half of his "small" toys were buried at the bottom of his toybox, so I dug them all out. For Christmas, I have to get creative in what they get. Can you believe half the year is gone?
In closing, here's some pictures we took this week. We went for a walk around the block with the kids and Belle. That little Braden loves his big sister. The kids love going for a walk. A funny note: you may notice Braden never has shoes on. That is because he HATES shoes. He takes them off the very second we put them on. I don't even bother before we arrive, since he'll kick them off in the car on the way. I'll put them on seconds before we get to the YMCA or Church, and they'll end up on the floor soon after. I don't know what we'll do if he ends up in daycare on base, since they REQUIRE them to wear shoes. Guess I could always glue them to his feet. LOL. Braden is steadily learning new words. He said "Bye Bye"yesterday. It sounded SOOO country. I'm pleased to see his vocabulary finally increasing. I knew it might take a while with the third child, and the older kids "talking for him", but it's a relief for a parent to see those milestones being reached one-by-one. So a prayer of thanks that our little boy is growing normally and is healthy.
BYE!
On a side note: A great movie is "Conversations with God". It is based on the author's books which were on The New York Times Best Seller list, over 7 millions copies sold, and translated into 34 lanquages. Neale Donad Walsch's autobiographical novel is truly inspiring. If you liked "Pursuit of Happiness" and it made you cry, then plan a another night alone with a box of tissues. This movie is just as good or better, since it has a spiritual testimony to it, and to know it is a true story is so chilling. It will change your viewpoint on your own life, and family...and possibly your communication with God. It's at Blockbuster, but you have to really search for it. The movie would be great for a Home Group Meeting, or Sunday School Class.

No comments: