So tonight I didn't have anything due in class, and Jon and I put the kids to bed early since they all failed to take naps today. Then we, or shall I say, " I " did just that tonight. (Hubbie fell asleep on the couch in the first 10 minutes.) In the movie's defense he had to be AT work at 6:00 AM this morning. So, while he snored, I sat there under my throw blanket, ate popcorn, and had a good cry with my dog!
It's a very sweet movie. You might have to search for it a bit at Blockbuster. There were only like 2 copies of it, but everything else was checked out. I'm so glad I didn't pass over it. Dharma was wonderful in it. Sniff...
I've been watching the credits now for a few minutes, and then phoned a friend to reminisce. As we caught up we nearly cried a few times, then died laughing at old memories, and I thought to myself, there's nothing more wonderful than good sappy movies and comfortable old friends. Good friends are like an old worn out t-shirt. They just "fit" and know you so well. They make you feel good, and remind you of old times past. And you just can't bear the thought of being without them, because of how you feel when you're surrounded by them.
In a week where I met a ton of new people, and had an attack of "social anxiety disorder" from our new church setting we've been thrown into, it was so nice to just pick up where I left off with my old friends and just be "me". So rent "Touched", or a movie like it and call an old friend as the credits roll. Get in a few belly laughs and then throw on your favorite T-Shirt and get some sleep. Thanks to all my friends who keep me grounded, remind me that your life sucks more than mine....haha...and are always ready to talk at 11:00 PM. I don't know what my life would be like without you!Love,
Dawn
Dawn
P.S. And for good measure, here's a picture of one of those good friends. I was meeting her baby Ty for the first time.




No comments:
Post a Comment