Monday, July 23, 2007

Our Anniversary

Last night was our Anniversary, which is July 22nd. We were married in 1999 so that makes it our 8th. Luckily, we got a sitter at the spur of the moment. I had wanted to go to my favorite restaurant, Hightide Oyster Bar - but as with most things in this town, it was closed on Sunday. What people that go to church don't want to EAT?? Anyway, we ended up going to nice place next door called Old Bay Steamer - and got a huge bowl of crab legs and steamed gulf shrimp. It was like a Crawfish boil. I got a mohito and Jon got a Long Island Ice Tea...and it was DELICIOUS. A little pricey, but very good.


We went then to a dueling piano bar, called "Howl at the Moon". We are not typical "Bar" types, so I was a little apprehensive about going, but they have comedy night on Sundays. Before the Comedy show starts at 9:00 pm they play the pianos, and then after the comedians crack their last joke, the piano show starts up again. There are some people that get shamed and called up on stage. Jon and I made a pact not to turn in a "request" for our anniversary, so we were spared the "going up on stage part".






The comics were pretty funny, except the opening guy who was 18 from FWB. Poor guy! Anyway, it was great time, and I knew all of the songs. It was the same feeling as a karaoke bar in a way. Watching a show and a bunch of people embarrass themselves, but we laughed alot, and sang alot. We walked on the beach for a moment before we left, since the bar is literally overlooking the water. It's crazy to think we've been married for 8 years. Our first date was at the State Fair at a Candlebox concert. And as we were talking on the way back to parking lot, and revisiting that time in our relationship, guess what was on our car windshield! None other than a "Candlebox" concert flyer!! How IRONIC is that? Apparently they are coming to play at "The Swamp" soon. We both smiled, and I think I said, "Wow, we've come full circle". It was a great night out with my husband. I love you, Jonathan! Thanks for inviting me to Candlebox and the State Fair, 8 years ago. Even then I knew you were the one.

And for those of you who don't know - Jon ended up proposing to me in that empty state fair parking lot. On his knees in the moonlight, after he blindfolded me and drove me around a bit to confuse my sense of direction. I'm so glad I said yes!
I love you, baby! Happy 8th Anniversary!!
Dawn

No comments: