Well, I made a bold step this week. I decided to just "assume" that it is God's plan for us to stay in Florida, and I went to the County School Board and applied to be a Substitute Teacher. I've decided we've been in limbo long enough, and it's time to proceed as planned. If we are going to be here another year, then I'm going to start preparing to be a teacher. I'll get to warm up with some "practice" students without alot of responsibility, and pre-done lesson plans. Heck, maybe I'll get some videos and can just sit back and review my teachers lesson's plans while we watch, "Planet Earth" or something. I plan on observing and recording EVERYTHING. Maybe it will give me an edge when it comes time to hire that I've actually been in a classroom before, even if only as a Sub. I did my fingerprint card today, and I am officially NOT a criminal! Yay, I tricked them again! Haha. On another "movi
ng on" note...I did something else you don't do if you think you are moving. I decided to decorate in a way, and finally bought frames for Jon's Service Dress picture and his DIPLOMA he earned in December of 06. I am a bad wife....he should have had that diploma matted and framed by now. So, it IS now framed and up on the wall. Right next to the desk where he spent so much time, "earning" it. And he is so handsome in his military service picture. It is hanging on the bedroom wall by his dresser. I also looked at comforter sets fo
r our bed. Melissa got a new bedroom make-over and I tend to copy-cat her. Yep, I think I am almost back to normal! Here's my handsome man! And if feels so good to just count it as a miracle that Jon hasn't received orders to Iraq. Although I don't understand why the girl beneath him on the list was sent and he wasn't - it doesn't matter. I won't question a miracle, if that is indeed what it is. God has a plan! I have no idea what that is...but hopefully it involves me working with kids, and not letting them run me into the ground. One day at a time, Dawn. Get approved first to sub, and then worry about your first day! I wonder how much work I will get? There I go again, jumping ahead. But I'd rather jump ahead than be stuck in quick-sand. I hope all of you are happily floating along the crazy "river of life". And I'm so happy to be back in the water splashing along with you!
r our bed. Melissa got a new bedroom make-over and I tend to copy-cat her. Yep, I think I am almost back to normal! Here's my handsome man! And if feels so good to just count it as a miracle that Jon hasn't received orders to Iraq. Although I don't understand why the girl beneath him on the list was sent and he wasn't - it doesn't matter. I won't question a miracle, if that is indeed what it is. God has a plan! I have no idea what that is...but hopefully it involves me working with kids, and not letting them run me into the ground. One day at a time, Dawn. Get approved first to sub, and then worry about your first day! I wonder how much work I will get? There I go again, jumping ahead. But I'd rather jump ahead than be stuck in quick-sand. I hope all of you are happily floating along the crazy "river of life". And I'm so happy to be back in the water splashing along with you!P.S. This is a note for my husband: By the way, I am so proud of you, baby, for ALL that you have accomplished. Making Tech Ssgt., graduating with your Business degree, and currently pursuing your M.B.A. I'm so proud to be your wife. Keep up the hard work, and God will continue to Bless You!
No comments:
Post a Comment