Thursday, July 19, 2007

Just a suggestion or God?

Tonight we went to Wednesday night service. At the end we took prayer requests. I briefly told them I had went ahead and applied with the County to be a Substitute Teacher. Our teacher, and another lady in the class both spoke up at once telling me that they needed teachers at a nearby Christian Academy. They said the pay wasn't great, but then again, I'm not going to teach for the pay.

I just need to break even on daycare costs. I've been trying to "listen" for the Spirit's voice in my life, and I felt prompted to consider subbing, then felt prompted to not miss tonight's class (because we had considered going to a different class), and then felt led to share my plans for subbing in prayer requests. All of which ended up at an end result of someone encouraging me to apply at this Christian Academy. I've been told you do not need a degree there, so I went ahead and left a voicemail for personnel so they will get it first thing in the morning.

Only thing is they require that if you teach there, all of your children must attend as well, and while they don't have daycare for Braden, I would be required to pay for Bree to attend. So I would definitely have to make up for what will be going out in childcare, (if I'm even considered).

I wonder if it was God that is at work to lead me here, or if it's merely a step to lead me somewhere else. Either way, I'm going to listen. And see what happens. I would love to work at a Christian Academy since my mom did, and that is the type of school I graduated HS from, but we'll see what the Lord has in store for me.

I'm really glad I didn't miss class tonight, because I might have just got a shove from God in a different direction. Looking and listening for God in this way is really new to me, and a little foreign. I almost feel like I am going through life with these BIG RADAR EARS listening for every little noise, and questioning every little thing that comes in my path. It's almost like the movie "Serendipity" but instead of Fate, I'm of course attributing it to God. And while I feel weird sometimes "stopping and being quiet" or "over thinking" decisions or things that happen, I think that's what God wants out of us. Maybe He won't have something to say all of the time, but I get points for "listening" right?

I just wonder if he'll laugh at me for being "over analytical". But I guess He can't laugh at me, since He's my creator! LOL. Anyway, just my random thoughts for the night. I'll keep you posted on what does or does not happen, but in the meantime,... "did you hear that"?

1 comment:

Kann said...

WOW! Sounds like it could be just what you need! I will be praying for you Dawn that you will know & follow God's will! !