
Well, today we went all out! We visited Big Kahunas (big waterpark) this morning and Braden did so good until he gave up the ghost in the car at 2 PM. After naps, we ate some grilled steak salads, and since we ate so "healthy" I thought I'd cook a little dessert. I actually don't often cook with the kids because having two of them in our tiny kitchen usually stresses me out. Their abilities don't match their energy and well, I'm just not that patient...but tonight to keep in the "fun" of today, I decided to make rice krispie treats with them. It actually went over pretty well. Note to self, do something that requires "actual" cooking (like melting butter) and Zane quickly gets bored and will run out of the kitchen so I get a breather from the arguing and reaching without asking.
LOL. I called him back for the stirring part. Then we made fruit dip, and for those that have never made it - It's so easy and so good. Just take Fat Free Cream Cheese, and beat in a jar of marshmallow cream. Completely fat free, and so sweet/tangy to go with Strawberries and Grapes. YUMMY. Okay, so we ate entirely too much dessert, even if it WAS fat-free. Then we watched a recorded episode of "So You Think You Can Dance", and then a horribly horribly filmed movie about a derby and a kid on a horse. Worst movie filmed of all times, although the story line was good! I let Braden stay up until he literally began crying and rolling all over the place. Here's a pic of them all together on the couch watching the movie. I had just given Bree new batteries to her CD player, and in one pic she is crying because she watched Belle get yelled at and put in the kennel for growling at Zane. Although, personally...I would have BIT Zane for holding me down like he was. She's a good dog, and Bree's very very sensitive.
I should be going to bed right now, since tomorrow is our 8th Wedding Anniversary and we are getting a SITTER!! YAY! We are going to my favorite oyster bar, and then to a comedy show - with NO KIDS!! I'm so excited, so maybe that's why I'm just not TIRED. But I am very very full. I did, however, just go look into the glass baking dish and ALL of the
rice krispie treats are GONE!! Wow! We are pigs!
rice krispie treats are GONE!! Wow! We are pigs!
2 comments:
Yum....I'm hungry now...I wonder how many points a rkt is worth? Sounds like a fun night. I got your crazy call last night, you crazy woman!
I was thinking the whole time of the itty-bitty-titty song from your Bachelorette party!!!
I love piano bars. Too FUN! We'll go again together soon - and I won't embarrass you if you don't embarrass me until I'm too LIT to remember. LOL. Love ya!
Dawn
Post a Comment