Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Update on the Daddy-less family!

LOL. We are on week one of Jonathan being gone. Surviving - but man it's so quiet when the kids are in bed and I'm by myself. I miss hearing him type on the computer while doing homework and chatting with him about our day.

Yesterday, the kids were out of school and had an all day Karate camp to go to. It gave me a break and let me visit with my friend Rachel Erwin that was in town for the weekend. Rach and I had a good visit at the house and it was so good to see her. I watched a good movie last night, "The Hunting Party". Action packed and really good I thought.

I'm on Nutrisystem this week. I'll tell you the hamburger patty cracked me up. It looked like a play hamburger patty and was so light and airy- it was dehydrated, and I literally had to pour boiling water over it to "bring it to life". And once it had a drink of water, it was actually really good. Anyway, so far everything is edible - although not my fav. I did like the beef tacos. It's wierd eating something different than the kids, and I can't wait to see Jon's face when he sees some of this space food!

The scrambled eggs conconction of powder and grains was actually entertaining to watch expand and grow in the microwave once you added some water. They were actually pretty tasty too - once I added a little of my famous salsa. I'll let you know how much weight I lose - I really need a digital scale so I can measure every week.

Well, I'm going to take the dog for a walk and try to squeeze in a little exercise.

Have a great day!
P.S. We miss you, Daddy!!!!

No comments: