I know I typically write about the children, but today I want to honor my husband, my friend, & my partner. Jonathan, I know I get busy, I know I get critical, & I know I get bossy and hard to be around sometimes, but I'm so thankful for you. I'm sorry I fail at times to let you know how proud I am of you, and how wonderful of a husband you truly are. How my heart burst with pride when I watch you in a tender moment with our children. And since I don't say these things often enough, I ask that you take a moment to read just a few of the things I love about you.
Thank you for loving me.
JUST A FEW THINGS I LOVE ABOUT YOU (although there are hundreds)
You love the Lord.
You teach our children morals and values.
You sing in church. ( I love that)
You are hard-working.
You are such a wonderful father.
Our children adore you.
You look to improve our future.
You have goals.
You are fun to be around.
You help me to come down off my high horse. :-)
You keep me grounded in reality.
You are brave enough to tell me the truth.
You defend me.
You honor me.
You make sure the kids speak to me politely.
You love dogs.
You are kind to the elderly.
You are a born leader.
You watch movies that I like to watch.
You help me take care of our home.
You help me take care of our children.
I think you are the most handsome man alive.
You listen to my suggestions.
You correct me when I’m wrong.
You try new foods even though you don’t want to.
You listen to me talk at night instead of sleep.
I love your gray hair.
I love your eyes.
I love when you hold my face in your hands and kiss me.
You take care of our finances.
You understand my fears.
You listen to me sing in the car.
You are tender-hearted.
You appreciate nature.
You are willing to consider the mission field with me.
You read the Bible.
You lead prayers in our home.
You shop with me. (love this one too)
Other people love being around you.
You choose your family over your friends.
You are dedicated to your dreams.
You give me wonderful birthdays.
You hold my hand.
You trust me to make decisions in the home.
You laugh with me.
You make me want to be more fun.
You help me loosen up.
You make me want to be a better mom.
I respect you.
You forgive me when I’ve hurt you.
You love me despite my faults.
You don’t always point the finger back at me.
You tell me that I’m beautiful.
You never speak ill of my extra “mommy” weight.
You never embarrass me.
You respect me.
You love your mother.
You were raised to love God.
You help me stay motivated.
You help me with my Math homework. (oh, so important :-)
You get me out of the house even though you don’t want to.
You back me on parenting, and support me in the home.
You take my side when I’m upset.
You irritate me in the kitchen when I’m cooking. (yes, I said it)
You’ll help me with the laundry.
You’ll drive most of the way or all of the way on trips.
You’ll sleep on the horrible pillow.
You don’t complain about things that you want and don’t have.
You are happy and content with our family.
You eat what I cook without complaining.
You grocery shop with me, and carry everything in.
You’ll read with our children.
You help the children with their homework.
You watch your language around the babies.
You are a good citizen.
You enjoy paying bills on time.
You will work more than 1 job to take care of us.
You know how to do many things around the house. (my sexy handyman)
You listen to me talk endlessly. (most important, LOL)
I can trust you.
I can always depend on you to love me, protect me, and make me feel safe.
I love how I feel when we’re lying in each others arms.
You are proud of my accomplishments.
I love your legs.
You tell me I’m pretty when I don’t feel it.
You find ways to fit into the budget things that I need.
You encourage me to stay at home with the children.
But you don’t expect me to stay home forever.
You like the way I decorate.
You are a soldier and I am proud of your service.
You make me proud to be your wife more often than I tell you.
I love you, Jonathan Wayne Sellers,
with all of my heart and I'm the lucky one to be married to you.
I’m glad you’re my partner.
I’m so thankful you are my friend.
I will work on correcting myself first.
And seeking out my own flaws.
Because I wouldn’t want to change you.
It’s you I fell in love with.
Just the way you are.
I trust you, I need you, and I’m thankful for you.
Without you, life would be unbearable.
And I love you with all of my heart.
Happy Valentine’s Day, my love.
Dawn
1 comment:
He sounds like a keeper!
Hope you guys enjoy your day!
Post a Comment