Sunday, February 10, 2008

Part 3 of Zane's 5th Birthday Trip


Here they are creating their own custom roller coaster, which you get to try out in a simulated ride. We took the kids to the Science Emporium museum in Mobile. They also got to see the "human body" exhibit - but flash photography was not allowed. Real plasticized bodies were shown, complete with intact anatomy. Several questions from Bree on male parts....to which we quickly shrugged and distracted until we got to a new exhibit. LOL.


Zane actually loved the toddler area which allowed 1-5 years. There was a huge ball pit, tons of crabs, a boat, a market place, nets, a lighthouse, and of course other kids his age. We had to drag him out to look at the rest of the museum.


Oh, am I supposed to be reporting something. This desk tastes good....How's that?


Check out the boots. LOL


He loved the bell! And the balls!! He wasn't scared like he was when we went to Austin's children's museum with Darla.


Our pretty girl.


Okay, why did I get a psychology degree? This is fun!


Not camera shy in the least - she's ready to bring the news to YOU!


While Zane's all about being a boy - let's go fishing!


This about sums up our day! :-)

3 comments:

Kann said...

Looks like Zane had a great 5th birthday!!! How cool! Thanks for sharing!

Melissa said...

I love the pics of you and Bree at the news desk--too cute. And girly-girl, you better figure out how to answer questions about "male anatomy" if you are going to be a SCIENCE teacher! In most districts, the middle school science teachers get the privilege of teaching SEX ED!!! Did I forget to mention that to you? Don't worry, the questions they will ask are great entertainment and interesting blogging material ;-)

Dawn said...

Have I ever had a problem explaining anatomy or being afraid to say "things others wouldn't". I guess my kahuna's have retreated since becoming a mommy, but it's good to know I'll be able to use them again soon. And yes, you did forget to mention that. It will definately make my job interesting and I'm definately one of the least easily shocked people... :-)