Just an update on Braden. It seems he's been sick for so long. First the double ear infections, then an eardrum burst. Then a huge allergy attack from the pollen, then what we thought was Pneumonia since the ear infections are back.
Here's what I think. I think the first set was just due to the pollen, since they coincided with the huge allergy symptoms and him being so sick. Then, since his body was so weak, it just didn't respond to the anti-biotics the first time and the prolonged ear infection made him seem sicker than he was -which coincided with Zane getting diagnosed with Pneumonia. I think..he's JUST NOW getting the Pneumonia germ because he is so very very sick, and he's still on Zithromax getting sicker each day. He had a scalding temp all last night, and literally cried out every 15-20 minutes or so until 4:00 a.m. when his fever finally broke. I held him naked and force fed him ibuprofen until it finally kicked in. He has pus in his eyes, won't eat, and says "ow" repeatedly throughout the day, plus diarrhea.
He took a good nap today (and might I mention so did I) since we both got only about 30 minutes at a time of sleep last night. And right now he's sleeping fine. I'm going to turn in and hopefully he'll sleep for a few more hours before the fever comes back.
If you just would keep him in prayer. We have a hard time with his body weight anyway, and now that he's not eating, and drinking very little - it's scary seeing him get so tiny again. He's a puny sad looking little fellow and we want him to get better very soon.
On a positive note, Bree did go to school and it was luckily a early-release day at school. She was tired, but the nurse checked her and she went the day without fever! YAY! And she got cupcakes at school!
Thanks for reading!
Love,
D-
Here's what I think. I think the first set was just due to the pollen, since they coincided with the huge allergy symptoms and him being so sick. Then, since his body was so weak, it just didn't respond to the anti-biotics the first time and the prolonged ear infection made him seem sicker than he was -which coincided with Zane getting diagnosed with Pneumonia. I think..he's JUST NOW getting the Pneumonia germ because he is so very very sick, and he's still on Zithromax getting sicker each day. He had a scalding temp all last night, and literally cried out every 15-20 minutes or so until 4:00 a.m. when his fever finally broke. I held him naked and force fed him ibuprofen until it finally kicked in. He has pus in his eyes, won't eat, and says "ow" repeatedly throughout the day, plus diarrhea.
He took a good nap today (and might I mention so did I) since we both got only about 30 minutes at a time of sleep last night. And right now he's sleeping fine. I'm going to turn in and hopefully he'll sleep for a few more hours before the fever comes back.
If you just would keep him in prayer. We have a hard time with his body weight anyway, and now that he's not eating, and drinking very little - it's scary seeing him get so tiny again. He's a puny sad looking little fellow and we want him to get better very soon.
On a positive note, Bree did go to school and it was luckily a early-release day at school. She was tired, but the nurse checked her and she went the day without fever! YAY! And she got cupcakes at school!
Thanks for reading!
Love,
D-
1 comment:
Poor Braden...you must be really exhausted too. I hope he gets well really soon. The Sellers Family needs to get healthy quickly, so y'all can come to TX and get more allergies!
Bree's party looks like fun--fit for a princess. I can't believe she's growing up so fast!
Post a Comment