Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Fevers and Choices

Not sure what got a hold of us, but it started with Zane. Last night, Zane seemed very mopey. He finally spiked a fever last night, and still has it 24 hrs later. Zane has a horrible barking cough, and just looked droopy. This morning, I felt terrible. I was cold and achy. My joints hurt and I have a huge knot in my left arm pit. I guiltily slept until 9:30 this morning and laid on the couch literally all day in a huge hoodie and blanket.

Braden has had a perpetually nasty nose for about a week now. We'll probably make an appointment for Zane in the morning. We need to rule out ears and bronchial infection. Jon has been asleep on the couch since 7:45 p.m. But he is getting up at 5:30 am.

Jonathan had a mandatory "reserves" briefing today, and although neither of us really see us doing that, we thought it be best to evaluate all of our options. So we spoke today at length about the pros and cons of him joining the reserves if he could find a base/job that was not heavily deployable. They get benefits now, which would free up money in our teaching paychecks, + we would have retirement, keep our life insurance with SGLI (which would be an added expense once we got out)...

Again, no decision made, but we are praying about it. Now I must tuck in children, and try to get my tired husband to a more comfortable bed.

NITE~

No comments: