Tuesday, September 18, 2007

A Morning Stroll


This morning, Braden and I visited Turkey Creek to enjoy the beautiful fall weather.

It was so nice to walk and just enjoy the quiet nature sounds around us.

I get so caught up sometimes in being a mom, and doing schoolwork, I forget sometimes to step outside.

In this little pond under the bridge, there were TURTLES. Tons of them!

Glad I had my camera! I also caught a picture of a spider, so if you're afraid of them, don't let it sneak UP ON YOU!!


Braden rode the first 3/4 mile and then pushed the stroller himself, the rest of the 3/4.

I'm not the only one that's old. J/K. I have no idea how old this tree is! :-)

Alot of families come out here and swim. You can bring floats or canoes and drift around the creek in a circle. Lots of docks to get in and out of the water, and a very very strong current.

Again, the little imp refused to wear shoes.

More turtles...watch out for the spider!


I like to run out here when the weather turns cooler.
OKAY.....Here's the spider. Pretty neat - it was stretched out above our heads across the path.





There were TONS of these birds in a huge flock. Not sure what they were.


Little Stinker. Hope you enjoyed the "virtual walk". Braden even wore his NATURE shirt..."Don't Bug Me"! We need to do this every morning!

2 comments:

Brooke Shands said...

I love Turkey Creek!!! I used to go up there for lunch! Looks like ya'll had fun!!!

Melissa said...

thanks for the virtual time outside! Looks like fun and wow is Braden growing up too fast!!!