Saturday, September 22, 2007

It's Raining, It's Pouring


Today we had our first soccer game in the rain. The first half was beautiful, but when the rain came in, it came in HARD. We thought they might cancel the game, but much to our surprise, they kept right on playing. We were all huddled under unbrellas, and the girls were drenched in seconds. Bree liked it at first, and then I think the rain started getting cold.

You can see here how dark the sky is beginning to get. I went to fetch the umbrella from the car.

Their team won again, despite playing against a very good team, and sliding all over the wet field.

Braden stayed pretty dry under the umbrella (but we only had one). So we were all hunched under it. Our legs got splattered with tons of mud! :-)


By the time the game was over, the rain had stopped - I didn't want the camera to get wet, thus why there are no "rain" pictures...but it was a new experience for sure! Next time I'll make sure we all have an umbrella!

Bree's still a bit "nice". She doesn't understand she can "steal" the ball and I think she doesn't want to kick someone in the shins, but when it does come her way, she will take a good swing at it.

She kicked it to the wrong goal twice today - we got a big chuckle, but the coach quickly pointed out back in the right direction!

Here's our little champ! Another victory, and only one little girl got hurt today. Bree kept her company on the bench and they iced her knee. A mom finally walked over to "shelter" the girls on the bench from the direct impact of the rain, but they sat there a good while getting pelted.

After soccer, we washed off with the water hose and went to lunch. Definately a memory I won't forget and probably not the last time we'll get rained on. :-) Go, ORANGE!!!! Three victories - so far we're undefeated. Kid sports are so fun!!

No comments: