Well, being the impulsive gal I am, when I get an idea, it tends to nag me until I finally just give in. I took the plunge last night and bought a light Auburn kit, and something told me to get a highlighting kit for Auburn hair just in case. Here's the finished product! Are you shocked....? Well, me too.
It's definately not HORRIBLE, but at first glance the red didnt' take in several places, maybe due to my natural blonde highlights. So, it was kind of dull and fake looking. So after I almost fainted, I tried the highlighting kit.
The sides of my hair are a deeper auburn, & the highlights were on top. They actually made me like it more. However, I wasn't really prepared for the "identity crisis" that exists when you change "your look". I've always been blonde...and now, everything has to change, the color of my wardrobe, my makeup, even jewelry...
It's going to fade quite a bit over the next weeks, but I wonder if it will get more orange or fade to strawberry blonde (which would be fine). Jon says he likes it, but I can tell you that he and I both do double-takes when we "forget" and suddenly see me around a corner. Not sure the "OMG" shock is going to go away.
So what's next. I'm going to wait until Thursday and try to let it fade, and see if I've grown to like it. I've read that Color Oops as Walgreens is okay on red to blonde corrections, providing you understand it doesn't take you back to your original color - it will probably bring me to a light orange, and then I can either downplay with a green-based ash blonde, or deepen the color with a brown that has red base.
I might not have the "rocking redhead personality" yet, but I had the guts to try something different. That counts for something, right? LOL. I'll let you know which "Dawn" I decide to be.

No comments:
Post a Comment