Saturday, September 8, 2007

Jon's NCO Graduation



Here is our lovely room in the Marriott! Jon and I wanted to take this bed home with us!!

AFTER a very long bath! Can you say, "Calgon, thank you for taking me away?" Also, me getting dolled up for the ceremony with my rollers in my hair!




Jon did a bit of sleeping while I did a bit of soaking. LOL.


Here is a picture of Jon recieving the first award of the night in the company of the very first Chief Master Sgt. of the Airforce who was our honored guest speaker! I wasn't ready with the camera since he went first but a professional was was taken, which hopefully we'll have soon! Jon won the Academic Achievement Award - Highest Grade Point average, and got DG- Distinguished Graduate award! Very high honors! Congrats, Baby!!









Aren't these awards just beautiful!


















I knew I wouldn't get a chance to get pictures of me at the banquet, so I'm glad I had to foresight to have Bree take these of me at home! Jon of course wore his Blues and looked very handsome. The Baypoint Marriott resort was so luxurious! We fell in love with the feather bed, and could have slept all weekend! It was a great little mini-vacation, and we even ordered room service the next morning. What beats breakfast in bed, and two long luxurious bubble baths? All I can say is..."ahhhhhhhh".

Dinner was delicious and listening to the first Chief Master Ssgt. was great - he was a hoot! He spoke very frankly and with a few choice slang terms about the "old days" since he was around when the Air Force first came into existence. I could have listened to him all day.

Hope you enjoy the pictures. We very much enjoyed our time together, and we are so proud of Jonathan! He swept the awards again, and I was so proud to stand and honor him!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I am so proud of your hubby, too! It's great that he's the over-achiever of his class.

And I am so excited that you're becoming a soccer mom. I can just see you being a crazy competitive parent after a while!