Achoo------------! Yep, it's allergy season. This year's a doozy. Pollen everywhere, weeds everywhere. You wash your car, and then walk inside. You come out and your white car is green again. Just like how you feel! :-) But you cope...you pull out the Zyrtec, Allegra, or OTC meds, drink alot, and whine all day. Hope you all get through what we're going through quickly.
I'm going to be making us all allergy appointments to prepare for moving to a new climate. We were all sick for two weeks after moving to Florida and were too sick to even unpack, but luckily we had no lapse in medical coverage, so we just went straight on-base to the Allergist.
We'll probably get a temporary health policy until Sept when our benefits kick in. As an update, I completed two applications yesterday. One to College Station ISD, and one to Bryan ISD. I've already done one to San Antonio Northside ISD. They are the district hiring 1,000 teachers this summer. We've been fixing blinds, fertilizing & weeding the yard trying to ensure we get our deposit back. Jon even took the swingset down, and I've begun to take things off of the walls in the kids room, in case they'll be showing the house soon.
That's about it. Today, I plan to read a bunch of library books, do some internet research and start on my Portfolio. It must include: sample lesson plans, educational philosophy, sample discipline plan, classroom management plan, ect...
Yesterday, I printed out dozens of activities, games, and assessments for Biology-Life Science grades 4-8. I've started a file box, and filed everything by grade level and subject, so when it comes time to plan lessons, I can just pull out "5th grade -photosynthesis", and there's my weekly hands-on activity, or lesson plan.
I plan to wear my printer out over the next few days, compiling as much science material as I can on all of the major topics: the water cycle, Newton's laws, cell identification and division, acids & bases, photosynthesis, the periodic table, mitosis & meiosis...(you get the picture). I won't do a hands-on activity with every chapter, but I want to try to get the kids engaged and submerged in as much content as possible so by osmosis some of it can sink in and they can apply it in a real way.
Props and lesson plans aside, when it comes to the actual lecture part...I'm a bit nervous, since that's all me. But I'll try to be just as prepared and educated as I can, and hopefully my excitement will cover my flawed teaching. :-)
Okay, enough of this...I have to get busy doing the portfolio.
Our Love,
The S Family
(ACHOOOOOO>>>>)
No comments:
Post a Comment