Thursday, March 6, 2008

A College Graduate!


Just wanted to say....I'm DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm a graduate. For those with degrees already, try to remember back to how you felt the day you finished up - and that's how I feel. It's crazy that this huge WEIGHT of SCHOOL that I've been carrying around since 1999, is now off of my back. To have something you know should be done that isn't and to not be able to fully relax with the family b/c you know you soon have to get back to the books.

It's such a relief and even though I do plan to pursue my masters, it won't be for another year or so. I'm going to focus just on teaching, and getting into a groove. Once I can handle a few classes in addition to grading papers, then I'll begin again -but I'm sure that will be a long while from now.

Bree is so excited and couldn't believe I wouldn't have homework to do for two more years....although grading papers and lesson plans are coming up. But I'll let the two of us enjoy the moment for a bit longer.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jon and the kids took me out to dinner tonight- oysters on the half shell and baked grouper...heavenly!!! It was a fun night and took the place of a ceremony. I wish I'd be here to walk, but it will be enough to hang that bad-boy in a frame to look at everyday. We'll be moving before the graduation ceremony....but I'll be marching down that aisle in my dreams tonight!

"Class of 2008!" Better late than never! :-)

3 comments:

Angela said...

Dawn- CONGRATULATIONS!! You deserve to celebrate! I am so proud of you!! Way to go!!

Collin and Christy said...

YAY!! Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Dawn! You Did it.

Much Love Trav and Amber