Friday, March 7, 2008

Coxsakie Virus

Well, we went to the doc today for Braden's follow-up. I asked the Dr. about the ulcers in his mouth, and voila - new diagnosis for his sickness of last week- the Coxsakie Virus. Apparently related to hand-foot-mouth, and diagnosed by high fever, sore throat, ulcers/blisters in mouth, flu-like symptoms, and lack of appetite. So it wasn't the flu, which is good for the rest of the family. It is contagious, but so far none of the other kids have it.

Doc did discover that the reason B is still fussy is because he has double ear infections and one of his eardrums has burst. That killed me to hear, but she assured me he would be fine with no residual hearing loss. He has a small scab on the eardrum. We have some antibiotics and he'll probably still not want to eat for a few days due to the blisters and scab in ear that are healing.

Jon left for Georgia today, and I think I'm going to take the kids to karate. They can go as many times as they want per week, but a minimum of two. I really enjoy seeing them in karate, and if I ever have time, I think I might sign up of an adult class. Great for flexibility.

Thinking tonight's going to be a Blockbuster night. On a side note - talked to my mom and she said it is SNOWING in Shreveport. How crazy -it's hot here! We had a north wind (front) earlier in the week with tons of cold wind, but I noticed it is getting a bit chilly outside.

Old man winter, just needed some more attention I guess! :-)

No comments: