


I decided it's time to pick up my blog again so I can document some of the momentous events currently going on in our lives. This has been a very "momentous" year, first with the new house, and then finding out we were pregnant. What's funny is I've always wanted a big family, but after having three wonderful and crazy kids, I realized, I had my hands full.... so we began talking about Jon having surgery to wrap up our little family, and voila - suddenly I am very ill. God is funny that way. Instead of being happy, I was actually pretty shaken up. I had finally accepted three kids was all that we needed, and put the "big family" dream to rest.
Well, after going to the first ultrasound (by myself...after all I was a pro at u/sounds and didn't need Jon there until the "gender" one) - and seeing the two "holes" pop up on the screen, I felt my world shake a little bit. Okay, it shook ALOT!!! I told Jon over text messages while he was at work. We both couldn't believe that God would play such a BIG joke on us.
Thankfully, we are doing very well financially - God has blessed us both with great jobs, several bonuses and stipends this year, and a consulting job that will bring in some extra money this summer. We also had built a "closed-in" office - which will be the babies' room for the next 2-3 years.
Now it is summer. Jonathan has a new job at a new school where he will be happier. He is plugging through his M.A. program in Edu. and I got a new position at my current school. The big kids are growing and less dependent on us - plus my parents are moving down to be close to us. Mom will keep the babies for the first two years, then I will probably move them to a daycare.
We are now on baby watch. I am 27 weeks today, and after a few early complications we are doing GREAT!! Babies weighed over 2 lbs at our last appointment, and we are naming them Addison Tynsley and Bianca Hope. Over the next two months I will write alot about our journey toward the birth of the babies, and hopefully document much of their early years.
Hang ON!!! It's going to be a wild ride!
Dawn
No comments:
Post a Comment