Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Belated Father's Day!

Happy Belated Father's day to all of you men out there! We sure need you, and appreciate when you're there to lend a hand, comfort us when we're freaking out, help bring home the bacon, take over with a crying baby, tell us we look gorgeous even before we have on our makeup, and be the "fun parent" when we have laundry and dishes to catch up on. I didn't mention being the spiritual leader, but for those guys that step it up a notch to be a spiritual leader in their families, it is SUCH a tremendous blessing to your wives and children! I love watching my husband lead a prayer, and seeing my boys do their best to copy him. What an EXAMPLE! 


My folks are down for a visit and house-hunting on the lake. This is week II of VBS (yay...) and babies are kicking the mess out of me...., ouch :-).  We should be buying the cribs next weekend. The nursery should be close to being done in another week or so. Just have to hound hubbie to hang those nursery curtains.


Jon had knee surgery, and this is his first day "out and about". He is leading some professional development training classes for teachers next month in Uvalde, Crystal City, and Austin. I might join him in Austin so I can visit a friend who just had her first baby girl. 


Happy belated father's day! For everyone that has the honor of being a father, I hope you enjoyed a day of being spoiled and appreciated for all of your hard work and dedication to your families. Enjoy your day, and the pictures! I love you, Jonathan! I am so glad to be married to my best friend. Next year, my husband will be a father to 5 beautiful children! Thank you, Dad, and Ray Ray for the things you have taught both Jon and I about marriage, faith, and love! Thank you, God for giving us fathers and showing us what a Father will truly sacrifice to honor and protect HIS children! 



No comments: