Sunday, March 15, 2009

Buddy Slim

Okay, here's the deal. I was merely looking for a calorie counter and instead found a type of social network for weight loss that is absolutely free. I love everything about it so far. Reminds me of Weight Watchers, except that all my non-WW friends can join me. Feel free to check it out and join if you want. It's free and we can cheer each other on as we lose the weight that's been holding us down. I plan to follow a weight-loss plan of a fellow teacher who has really inspired me. She has lost over 100 lbs by following this method, and really it's just "watching what you eat". She cut out sodas, and eats 60 grams of protein, balanced by 100 grams of carbs. That's IT!! Nothing more to it. It's the balance. She did mention she eats a portion of protein about the size of a "deck of cards". We've all heard that one! All I can tell you is that she has been on this plan for 15 months, and I could almost encircle her waist with my hands last week! A little measuring, a food journal, and literally, "watching what you eat"...What have YOU got to lose?? To give credit where credit is due, I will be doing the "Lafayette Diet". Here's my website: http://www.buddyslim.com/goodchoices

No comments: