
We went to see J this past weekend in Panama City. We stayed in the dorm with him, and although it was a little tight, and a challenge keeping the kids from waking all the neighbors, we still had a great time! We spend Friday and Saturday night with Jon. I definately needed to get out. Can you say Cabin Fever? Panama City has a very cool park. I wish I could have brought it back to put in the backyard! The kids napped the way there and back so that was a PLUS! It rained pretty heavily on the way home, today, but we made it home safe and sound. Now, after eating pizza, unpacking, and uploading pictures, I'm feeling like a new woman.
My new term in school starts tomorrow. I think I'm ready to begin again after an almost 3 week break. Bree and Zane start school next Monday. We'll probably go to PC again next weekend. Jon's not able to come home due to a community project, so we'll go to him once more. I do have a bit to update you on, and a prayer request.
Please, all keep little Zane in your prayers. He has a 2 hour appointment this Thursday to be evaluated for ADHD, ADD, and we're going to have some tests run for a more serious problem. He's always been a bed-wetter, and never been fully potty-trained at night, but now it's gotten to where he is not only peeing about 30-40 times per day (I'm probably UNDER-exaggerating that amount), but he is having accidents several times a day. The freqent urination has gone on for a long time, so I know it's not a bladder infection or something simpler. The accidents are new, and at first, I thought it was regression, and then laziness due to lack of attention or jealousy of Braden. But it's just so excessive, and ignoring it and any other manner of discipline is not working. Friday, we went through 7 outfits before 3:00 p.m. and he got several spankings since he was RIGHT by the toilet! He can seriously go to the bathroom at 5:00 and and 5:10 pm he is BACK in the bathroom AGAIN! And he goes each and every time! In Wednesday night classes at church the lady took him 5 times in two hours, and he still wet his pants by the time I got to pick him up!
I don't want to put him pack in pull-ups, but the laundry and the sheer nastiness of it, is getting out of hand. Plus, he is constantly getting disciplined which has to be compounding his feelings of shame. But honestly, do I not say ANYTHING and let him pee all over the house, and lay on my furniture and beds? I've been putting it off, hoping it would resolve itself, but we have to find out if he has a more serious underlying problem. His appointment is Thursday at 9:00 am. I'm sure they'll want to check him for Diabetes, and probably take a urine collection over 24 hours.
I do not want to do blood work on him by myself, and with the other kids present. I also don't want to talk about Zane's behavioral things in front of him, but Jon's out of town during the weeks, and school's about to start - so I don't have many options. I'm hoping a friend of mine can accompany us to the Dr. so she can watch the other kids, and take Zane out of the room so we can discuss behavior and discipline.
Please, pray for him and I. I am deathly scared of needles and I have always hated doing blood work on myself. I have never been the one to be in the room when our kids got stuck with the exception of Braden's jaundice. I know we'll have to pin him down, and I just get sick and want to cry at the thought of it. If they do a diabetes test, they might even want multiple sticks if they do the glucose tolerance test/drink. I guess we'll do what we have to do, but it breaks my heart.
Okay, onto more positive things...here are pictures of the kids this weekend in Panama City.
Our love to all!
Dawn

J's dorm room at Tyndale, AFB during NCO Academy.

Look at all of that Gray hair!

Aren't we cute? Zane- Age 4, Braden- Age 20 mos

This park is SOOO beautiful. Called the Children's Creative Playground, PC.

My handsome hubbie!

We watched "Are We Done Yet?" instead of going to the Beach.

It was soooo hot in PC this weekend.

We had just arrived. It reminded me of Bridge to Terabithia for some reason. Both Jon and I both said that it made us feel like a kid again in a fort his Daddy just built him. Very cool!

I would love if we had one of these parks wherever we end up moving!

There were themed areas: This was the school-house.

I wish we could have their next birthday party here, but it's 2 hours away from home.

Braden LOVES popcorn, as you can see!

This slide wasn't very slippery.

All three, calm and quiet for a change.

He loved hanging like a monkey.

I love these pics with all three of their backs to me.

Look at those trees behind Zane. I love it! Hope you enjoyed the pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment