Yesterday we decided to have a little fun, and the kids made tortilla pizzas.
I think they had a good time doing it themselves.
They were yummy too! :-0
This is a rare smile I captured tonight of Braden. He has been sick and has a cold.
We went to the Dr. today, and came home with Sudafed and Nose drops.
As you can see, he wasn't at his best tonight. He HOWLED nearly the whole hour we were at soccer practice. There was no holding him....he just needed to scream and roll around, so I let him after being kicked in the belly a few times.
I was beyond stressed out, but I think I managed to hide it. The other moms kept giving me "sympathy looks" over his screams. I never thought a baby could scream for that long without a breath!
Figured I'd get a shot to show Jon all the fun he is missing while he's away!
Bree did well tonight. Zane played with another little boy while I went through periods of holding/ignoring Braden's fit.
Braden screamed the whole way home, and again when we got home during his bath. He finally passed out long enough for Bree and I to get 30 minutes worth of homework done. Now the kids are in bed and I'm trying not to be sick...not sure if it's something I ate, or a virus, but I'm trying not to end up hugging the toilet tonight. Jon called and I filled him in...told him I'm about to run away for a few days to recharge. Hopefully this nausea will subside and I can get my own school work done before bed.
Jon's graduating from NCO academy on the 6th, and we are getting hotel at the Marriott alone. It will be nice to be away from the kids for a night - mommy needs to recharge her batteries. Funny how kids never seem to get sick until their daddy goes out of town. For now I will chug Mylanta and probably go to bed early in case Braden decides to be up all night. We go back to the Dr. if he's still like this in a week. On a good note: his ears look great! I just wish I knew what exactly was causing him so much uncomfort. His cries just seem too intense for a cold, but we'll stay on Sudafed and Zyrtec and see what happens. Now this tired mommy is going to rest on the couch until her tummy settles down. Sleep Braden, please sleep! Nite.
No comments:
Post a Comment