Friday, August 24, 2007

Cops like ice cream, too.


Well, tonight Jon came home for the weekend. We decided to go out for icecream! While at Hershey's, Zane took special interest in the policeman sitting across from us! So I suggested he go over and say, hi. When I asked if I could get a picture of the two of them, he said, yes, and offered to show Zane and Bree his "cop car". That was a BIG hit with the kids. Zane lit up like a kid at Christmas! Here they are checking out his car.

Mr. Chris let Zane sit inside, and turn the switches to the lights.


Here he is showing him what switches to hit. Zane was in AWE about the computer in the car, and the noises/siren the car makes.

Thank you, Mr. Chris for making our night so special. The kids will never forget it, I'm sure!

Here are the kids and Jon...they were picking out my birthday cake for next weekend. Shh...it's supposed to be a suprise for me, even though Bree snuck over to "take my order...and see what kind of ice cream I would like".


Mr. Chris and Zane - He was so excited. Zane wanted to see the gun, but we quickly deferred him to the handcuffs. Mr. Chris told him he rarely uses them, what works best is "please, and thank you". :-)) (I loved that response)

Here are some pretty gross pics of the kids chowing down! They love their chocolate icecream.

This is right before we interrupted our friendly cop friend.

It's so nice when a public servant takes time out of his day to be a mentor and example to the kids. Now Zane says he wants to be a COP when he grows up. We told him, that would make us very proud, and he could be whatever he wanted to be.

My son, the future sheriff....Oh, my! LOL

No comments: