Well, this is it it seems. My Aunt Jamie told me that they took Papa's feeding tube out yesterday. He has probably a week at best. I'm going to go ahead and head down there Friday morning (tomorrow) and stay until he dies and the funeral happens. After I see him, if he still has a few more days, I might go to a family friend's house, or to my mothers to wait for the funeral.
Jon is going to keep Braden, since today is his last day of work. It will be alot for him to handle with trying to move, but it will be easier on me to find a place to sleep since I won't need a bedroom for him.
I'm going to miss Bree and Braden, but I'm sure I'll be glad they are not with me once I get there. Zane will come with me and keep me company. Papa's in his own room now, so I don't have to worry about visiting hours...and my cousin is going to meet me at the hospital tomorrow. Everyone's told me to expect him to look so so bad, and I'm trying to steel myself. I know there's not preparing for it, but inside I'm a ball of nerves.
My nana has lost 2-3 dress sizes and they tell me she looks pitiful too. It appears when papa refused food during his radiation treatments, she didn't eat either.
Please, pray I have a safe trip, and that Jon can handle two kids and moving on his own. He says he'll be fine, but still I hate leaving him to clean this whole house by himself. I feel torn, but we both agree I have to see him while he's alive to say goodbye.
We'll be with my mom until May 17th. That weekend we'll be in San Antonio for a job fair, and then we'll be in College Station until June 1st when we finally move into our house in S.A.
Thank you for your prayers.
Love,
Dawn & Family
1 comment:
You've been in my thoughts and prayers...I know you may not have a computer right now, but give us an update when you can. Love ya girl.
Post a Comment