Sunday, January 13, 2008

Flushed Away!!


There won't be any fun pictures of the kids in this post. Nor will it entail happy details of fun adventures...Instead, we focus our attention today on a more somber note. While we are thrilled that our little one is showing interest in toilet training, his interest in "flushing small objects" down the pipes has broken the bank this month. After a clogged toilet, and a call to the plumber, we discovered the following lodged in the pipes and toilets themselves (yes, I said toilet(S), plural)....

1. A HUGE rawhide hoof - dog toy lodged in toilet
2. A pair of toenail clippers - the large ones
3. A yellow lego
4. A yellow Hummer
5. A small baby doll WITH hair

And while we shook our heads in awe as he pulled each item out, we hung our heads in disbelief as he handed us his BILL... A total cost of ...$487.00!! For TOYS!

To make matters worse, after the repair and the trading hands of the $487.00 check, we left the house, only to return to water all over the floor. Rotorooter returned on Saturday night to fix the seal - which he said later was not his mistake, but instead a bolt that was faulty on the toilet. The landlord paid the next bill of $250.00 and decided to turn off our water after they discovered the shutoff valve was broken, and home depot was closed....so we went without water until Sunday morning, when he returned with tools and materials to fix the "old school" toilet fixtures.

Morale of the story...it was kind of funny until we saw the bill, and although I'm sure we'll laugh about this in years to come.... I'm sure we'll be a bit morose over the next few weeks as we somberly digest yet another can of beany-weineys.

Time for dinner!! :-)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

HA! With the keys, I know how you feel, Dee does that to me at least one time every year. And sorry about your plumbing problems. But I am laughing...don't you wonder what is going through his little brain when he decides flushing toenail clippers would be a fun thing to do?

I'm glad you liked our Christmas decor--yes we made our snowmen--it was very easy using our projector from school to draw them out. And, yes, our zebra skirts are Gymboree, but they are from an old line, and I bought them on ebay.

I definitely want to talk this weekend. Call me or I'll call you! It's been really crazy the past 2 weeks with back to school and giving finals/doing grades, so this weekend (3 days) I plan on relaxing!