This week, Bree wrote her first "baby novel". I have to admit I half-heartedly flipped thru it first thing Monday morning. I was tired and trying to fix breakfast, but my early-morning frown quickly turned upside down. I'm going to transcribe her story below! And I've included a few of her illustrations! Feel free to leave a comment so I can share them with her. ENJOY!
Once upon a time in florida lived a very young happy lady who just loved shoes:
red ones, yellow ones, and green ones.
Then one day, the little lady decided to take a walk in the playground.
There was a slide, sandbox, and the lady's favorite toy-
the swings that go "swingally-ding and dingally-ding".
And the little lady got tired of walking, so she played on the swing
with her very favorite shoes on.
(Illustration - little girl saying, "I'm so tired I'm going to swing".)
Then suddenly she saw the shoe catcher, then he took her SHOES!
She waited and waited for someone to help her, but noone did.
(llustration- little girl saying, "Can someone help me?")
Then one day, there lived a superhero named, Jack the super hero.
He was sharp (handsome:-), and he smelled great!
(Illustration- she wrote really big, "Almost the end")
Then Jack heard the lady who needed help and came to her house.
Then soon they were by the catchers cave.
Then they jumped right in and got her shoes.
:-)
A sample of her writing - she wrote all by herself while we were sleeping!
The shoe catcher
3 comments:
Bree, I loved your story! I hope that you will write some more when you get a chance. I think I will read it to Emily when she wakes up tomorrow. I'm sure she will love it, too. Have a great day!
Love,
"Aunt" Melissa
That was tooooo precious! You might have a serious author on your hands! I remember stories I wrote when I was young and they don't hold a candle to that one! GREAT JOB!!!
Dear Bree Bear,
Mammie and Poppy were just over welmed.Where do you get all that imagination!We are soooo proud of you honey. Keep up the writing for Poppy just loves to read stories, especially from the little lady he loves so much.Uncle Darren is writting a story too! Maybe you can give him some good pointers!!
All our love! Mamie and Poppy.
Post a Comment