Jon called me in to watch their antics.
Jon and I have been working on our classroom discipline plan. We've been reading, "Discipline without stress, rewards, or punishment" by Marvin Marshall. It's awesome and hopefully will give us some guidance with the crazy middle schoolers.
Jon's already gotten two calls from school districts that need a Science or Math teacher right now. Too bad we're not out of the military. They got his name from Texas Teachers, our Alt Cert program.
On a sad note, last night on the news they reported a man near Mobile that tossed his four children off the Dauphin Island bridge - ages 3 years to 4 mos old. I immediately burst into tears thinking of the poor babies flying off a bridge into water and not being able to swim. It's horrible! He said he did it on Monday night, to get back at his wife after they had an argument. They tried to search last night, but called off the search due to the fog. I'm amazed every day how many sick people there are in the world. Hold your children close to you....every day is a gift.
I hope they find the little ones soon and give them a proper burial. Here's the link.
http://www.startribune.com/nation/13558941.html
Also, my papa had his first chemo treatment yesterday. I haven't called yet, but I will later in the day to check on him. They said he's not operable because of his age - he's 83.
Life is so uncertain, and I hope I use this day to it's advantage - to show my children how much I love them.
Dawn-
No comments:
Post a Comment