Just a brief "WT-CRAP" post....I just spent the last two days completing my ESSAY FINAL for Social Science and let me tell you that just one day before that I handed in my 17 page research paper on the History of Psychology....and while you might think I'd be thrilled that it's over, which I AM...
And you might think I would be thrilled to get an email from my Professor indicating that I have an "A" in one of the hardest classes I've taken, which I am.....
I guess what chaps my hide is the fact that having stayed up until 1:30 am last night, and then working about 4-5 hours on the rest of the essay questions this morning, I expected it to take my professor a little more than 7 minutes to receive, read, and issue a grade on something that took me sooo much time and research to complete. I mean I could have written the ABC's 2 hundred times for all he knew, and yet, voila....7 minutes after I clicked send I get a "Congrats on another great job. You have an A in the class"... email.
And I suppose you think I should be happy about that, which I am, but wouldn't you be a little pissed off at all that work for nothing? I know it's not "for nothing", since I did get an A, and I suppose you might think I should be flattered that he assumed it was an A paper merely because of my prior efforts and not to mention the length of the essay test easily competed with the term paper I just turned in....and while I'm flattered and I'm glad I got an A, and while I didn't have to wait for my grade...
Somehow, I'm still pissed. Betcha didn't see that one coming!!!
And you might think I would be thrilled to get an email from my Professor indicating that I have an "A" in one of the hardest classes I've taken, which I am.....
I guess what chaps my hide is the fact that having stayed up until 1:30 am last night, and then working about 4-5 hours on the rest of the essay questions this morning, I expected it to take my professor a little more than 7 minutes to receive, read, and issue a grade on something that took me sooo much time and research to complete. I mean I could have written the ABC's 2 hundred times for all he knew, and yet, voila....7 minutes after I clicked send I get a "Congrats on another great job. You have an A in the class"... email.
And I suppose you think I should be happy about that, which I am, but wouldn't you be a little pissed off at all that work for nothing? I know it's not "for nothing", since I did get an A, and I suppose you might think I should be flattered that he assumed it was an A paper merely because of my prior efforts and not to mention the length of the essay test easily competed with the term paper I just turned in....and while I'm flattered and I'm glad I got an A, and while I didn't have to wait for my grade...
Somehow, I'm still pissed. Betcha didn't see that one coming!!!
1 comment:
I can't imagine grading something so quickly that it's obvious that I didn't look at it. Even if I graded that way (and sometimes I do), I would wait a few days to return it, so it would look like I really read it! Ha! Well, I sure am glad that you made an A. Congratulations, and I'm sure the essay was wonderful :-)
Post a Comment