School's going great. Braden's finally comfortable in the 3 year old room at his daycare, and he's been promoted to the 3's room at church, which we were really nervous about. Turns out Braden's new teacher at church in the 3 year old room is an Autism Specialist in our school district, and the co-teacher happens to be the therapist that evaluated him at his last "play therapy" observation. Small world - plus, they both work in our district where we are hoping to get hired eventually. They took down our names and phone numbers to pass along for a few openings they mentioned - one in Special Ed, and one in 5th/6th Grade Language Arts at the new intermediate school going up. Also, they need "helpers" in the class and I volunteered to do a week a month, so I'll get to spend more time with the ladies. To work in our district with over 4,000 applicants a year, you really HAVE to know someone. And what luck that the Autism Specialist is also the one who does home visits, and works with the school he'll be going to next year!
It's a very small world, and I'm glad that he has teachers that will be able to get him acclimated to his new room at Church, and they know just how to make him comfortable in the "new place". It's a God-Thing!! Enjoy the pictures!


















2 comments:
Beautiful kids, beautiful family! I sure hope Bree gets better really soon. Central TX allergies are the worst!
Those are really sweet pics. I like the one with Braden and Jon sitting on the rock and looking the other way. And i hope Bree will get better as well.And also you have a really artistic taste for pictures. I like 'em. Greetings from one of the few rainy days here in Sunny Kuwait. :)
Post a Comment