No pics tonight, but I am excited Jon's class if finally over in College Station. I miss him tons, and of course miss his helping hands!! It's been so hot here the last week. It's not even officially summer and we are seeing 98 degrees. The grass is so dry, I have to water it alot this week to get it looking good again.
Had a job fair this week. My third one, and got another two good leads. They were "possible" positions but not confirmed yet, and I talked to one principal and one HR lady. I'm learning the area around my house, and have shopped at quite a few of the stores. I love our H-E-B...and have a new love from our little sushi center in the HEB...it's Tempura with Imitation Crab rolls, and Spicy Crab rolls. Oh, it's just so good, and quite a few nights I'd swing by the store, and watch them make it right in front of me, then head home with my goodies.
We finally got our mattress...our first queen in like 4 years. We've been sleeping on a full forever. We had a queen Serta, but it literally was junk and sagged in the middle even when it was brand new, so it went to the roadside a few years ago. We're on a Doctor's Choice from Furniture Row - or I guess Denver Mattress, to be specific. I love Furniture Row...my new fav store next to World Market.
We're waiting on job things until July 11th when the teachers finally get their contracts in and then we are hitting up the principals of all the middle schools we can find with openings in our areas. I seem to get really good reception from those I meet at the job fairs, just no openings ...they tell you to check back after the 11th...and not to give up.
I was going to try out our pool today, but with school out it was filled with teeny boppers, so I opted for a lawn chaise in the sun. I got a wee burn on me tummy and back, but it was necessary. I am SOOOOO pale. I'm not as big on tanning as I once was because of the risk of cancer, but dang, I was starting to look like a vampire. Today was the kids last day of summer camp, and Braden finally lasted the whole day without crying. On his LAST day. He'll go back two weeks before school weeks during our in-service training. Hopefully he'll remember he LIKES it there, and won't give me another week of tears. I felt the mommy-guilt come back every time I left him screaming my name, and running toward the door.
Okay, well, that's my summation. I'm pretty much unpacked and looking forward to my inlaws coming in on the 25th. Then on the 4th I get to see one of my girlfriends. Oh, speaking of gf's...I met a cool girl in line at the job fair. We went out for lunch afterwards, and it seems I've found my first friend here. She's awesome, has a 2 1/2 year old, and we have alot in common.
Now I have to go watch a bit of TV and try to ignore my stinging and tingly back!
B'ye~
1 comment:
When you sing the praises of the fresh sushi at HEB, just be glad you are done having babies. Let me tell you, when I was prego, just walking in the door of HEB, I could already smell the sushi and would run to heave in the nearest garbage can. I would be gagging throughout my entire shopping trip. For me, it caused this reaction during the entire pregnancy, not just 1st trimester. Wow--what memories ;-)
Post a Comment