Thinking back to that scary morning I woke up to blood and a trip to the ER, I am so thankful to have made it this far. Thankful that the placenta abruption healed and that our girls are growing. There is no size discrepancy - they are plumping up equally I'm pleased to report. Today, I passed my 2nd 3-hour glucose test - woo hoo!- so now we know the babies are big just because they are HEALTHY and not because mommy is sick. My ob is very, very pleased with their weights and told me that by the next time she sees me we should be pretty much out of the woods.
She told me we can start talking induction/scheduled c-section at my next appointment, and told me to ask my peri when she felt that my OB could safely deliver the babies. She knows how uncomfortable I am, and realizes how big the babies could potentially get if we wait too long - plus she realizes I dilate and progress quickly - which is a no-no with twins. They would rather them be a little early and have a "controlled" environment, than push me to the limit, and not have the staff on hand, etc... when I come barreling through the doors with babies crowning.
The last swab I had was not the fetal fibronectin (I had THAT today), but was a swab to check for amniotic fluid. I should have the results back from the ffn test tomorrow, and that will tell us pretty clearly if there's a good chance I could go into labor in the next 2 weeks. It actually has a stronger negative indication that I will NOT go into labor, but that's what I need to decide if Jon should work out of town the last week in July. He's wanting to teach a class some 2.5 hours away, and I have to admit, it makes me VERY nervous since "if" I go in...there's not going to be some long drawn out labor... it's going to be induce, cut/push, hello. We've agreed that if the test is negative then he should go - the extra money will help with all of this baby stuff we've had to buy in the last 6 mos. We still have to get another crib ($350), infant carriers, regular car seats, high chairs, bumbo seats, ocean wonder aquarium for the crib, blah, blah, blah....in the next 6 mos.
I'm still dilated a 1.5-2 cm external and 1 cm internal, and cervical length looks good. I see my OB's partner in 2 weeks (she wants me to start rotating), and then 4-5 days later I see the peri again. Here are some pictures I took a few nights ago after a movie date with the hubby! We did our tour of the hospital, too - man, were those Braxtons kicking my "stomach" with all of the walking we did. Keep on a-cooking, baby girls, but I sure can't wait to meet you!



No comments:
Post a Comment