I have to brag that some of Braden's sensory issues are either being resolved or replaced. He now goes into the backyard without complaint. Up until a few months ago he wouldn't enter the backyard unless the back door was left open and we were standing right next to him on the patio. Now he comes and goes/ shuts the door. It's heaven on my electricity bill and NERVES... And no, it's not house specific. He refused to go outside in the Florida house to from about 18 mos on.Water - he actually took a bath for me yesterday- eagerly. Normally it's a huge fight of tantrums, 'it's too hot, it's too cold', " I need a towel", "water in the eyes" and you might say, "Well, my toddler says these things..."
My toddler produces blood-curdling screams like I am killing him, and normally I have to spank him or forcibly hold him down to get him to sit still so he won't bust his lip on the side of the bath tub. Therefore, this is a major accomplishment, and I took pictures of his smiling face to mark the occasion. There are occasional moments he has very miniscal levels of discomfort in the bath, but as his parents we tend to look at his behavior as more of a cumulative process in that it is "USUALLY" a HUGE ordeal.
Now there are a few newer negatives... He is still very insistent on having his food/drink prepared as he likes it. The newest tantrum is over "broken" food. I gave him a granola bar two days in a row, and he accidently broke it in half on the way to his mouth. It was then thrown on the floor, and a tantrum for a "new one" commenced. Of course, I do not bend on the "new one". And I try to calm him down enough to either leave the table, or take an alternative food. This week, hubbie bought him a Hershey Bar. It was broken when he opened it, and of course a huge fit resulted. He'd rather starve than eat a "broken" treat.
Today his bisquit crumbled, and he only calmed down when Bree voluntarily traded her whole bisquit for his half-eaten, crumbled one. "Thank you, Bree." But this is a post to celebrate a VICTORY, so on to the pictures!! He's just as well clothed at the beach, so I feel they are appropriate to post.
WAY TO GO BRADEN!!
He even said, "When I go to the pool, I'll kick like this!" The pool was not a pleasant experience last year, either!! Fingers crossed he'll actually let go of us this year and wear arm floaties.





On a side note, he's also improved in role play/pretend play. He's coming up with scenarios and the babysitter told me he was talking to himself and asking/answering his own questions instead of taking a nap yesterday. We had a training to attend, so after a pretty terrible exit, he had a great day with the sitter. We're SO PROUD of you, BRADEN!!!
2 comments:
That's awesome Dawn!!!!
YEAH! Dawn that is so awesome:) I am so happy for you!! I know just how much it means:)
Post a Comment