Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Braden's 3rd Birthday

Happy Birthday, Braden! I can't believe our baby is three! Time has flown by so fast. I've posted a ton of photos since I'm home today. Braden has pink eye and had to go to the doctor on his birthday, poor boy. He's having a party on the 20th, but we has his family party last night.
He kept saying, "It's my birthday? I'm three years old? It's my bday cake?"

He got dinosaurs, a train & ambulance from Mom, and a helicopter & tonka truck from Mimi and RayRay.







I had grades due, we all ate pizza really late, and then went shopping with Mamie's birthday money. Then came home for cake and ice cream.

Braden you have been such a pleasure to have in our lives. I remember how quickly you were born, and how beautiful you were. I couldn't stop staring. I also recall how quickly you got sick with jaundice, and how much we struggled to get you well because of our blood incompatibility. It was so hard seeing you get stuck that first month, and knowing mommy's milk was making you ill. But the doctors told me to continue because they knew it would pass, and it did. I loved holding you, nursing you, and smelling your sweet little body in bed next to me. Your daddy and I love you so much. We love your tinkling laugh, your brilliant vocabulary, and even your little OCD tendencies. It's as if you came into the world an old man vocabulary and preferences, and now you have to figure out how to be a "baby".


We'll miss the days when you won't ask us to "fix it" when we put your pull-up on, and how you constantly ask for "chocolate milk". I always laugh when I find you in the pantry sitting in the laundry eating "cereal" and recently when you dumped a container of baby powder on your head. I'll even miss the days when you no longer stop up our toilet with baby toys and cost us $500.00 plumbing bills.

u
You are my little beautiful boy. So precious and loved. Your daddy and I hope you had a wonderful day. God truly blessed us the day we were given you.





He was so excited to get his "helicopter". Every time we would ask him what he was going to get for his birthday, he would say, "A helicopter".
Happy Birthday, Braden Carter Sellers. We love you with ALL of our hearts!!




No comments: