Monday, August 11, 2008

Can't Sleep!

Well, between the steroids I'm on, and finding out I am now going to be a teacher "for sure".... my mind is racing and I can hardly sleep. Jon's mom is in town watching the kiddos so I can go into HR and training this week. We picked her up from the Airport this morning.

I've been up since 3:30 AM coming up with different lesson ideas...and I have to admit, I actually had two very good ones come to mind. One involves pizza and "Effective Slices of Communication" and the other is a "My Network" photo collage/writing assignment to do at the end of the school year.

I'm not really scared, but actually kind of excited for my brain to get out of "mommy-mode" and into more creative thinking again. Not that being a mommy isn't stimulating, but often times I think of more structured things, like schedules, menus, activities, discipline, clothing, chores....

So I'm ready to STRETCH my brain a bit. Well, that's all. I'm sure with only 3 hours of sleep I'm going to be running on empty today, and I test for Special Ed this coming Saturday. I wanted to get Certified in Spec Ed for marketeability, plus it will help me "accommodate" special needs kids in my room, and has already taught me SOOO much about modifying my lessons.

Thanks for reading, and hopefully by the time you read this, I'll be settling in for a nice nap (if HR doesn't have me come into for paperwork)....

GOOD MORNING!!!! (6:52 a.m. - having been up since 3:30 a.m. and still lucid:-)
Dawn

1 comment:

Kann said...

I understand being excited, but girl get some sleep!!! LOL! Reminds me of the days in the dorms....